Sunday 2 March 2008

Fifty

It's coming up pretty soon and until now, four days to go I'd never given it any relevance. All of a sudden it seems a turning point of some sort. Exactly what I'm not too sure. Maybe one is meant to feel old or something but I don't. All I do want to do is shed a few kilos. I do find myself a bit sluggish lately because I' heavier than I really want to be.

Well here goes. Shoulde one make resolutions when one turns fifty, like one does at New Year? Well who cares, I'm going to do it anyway. This will be the second recently and of the two, probably the less important. Well this is it.

Lose 15 kilogrammes.

Oh my goodness. What am I saying? I've been trying to do that for in excess of a year with the only result being an INCREASE.

So what must I do differently? Exercise. That's it. Exercise. As much a I would like to believe that driving a series Land Rover is exercise, it just isn't. The gym is going to see more of me. Well right now I suppose everyone is seeing more of me. Well hopefully they'll all be seeing less of me.

He goes then. Fifty (almost) and trimmer. Can I start after today's bacon and eggs? No? But it's Sunday......

The other important resolution I hear you asking. Improving my relationship with God. He's taken a backseat recently and now He'll be in the driving seat again.

Janis Joplin asked God for a Mercedes Benz. Perhaps he'll help me by taking away rather than giving.

4 comments:

Katherine and Pippa said...

Wow Kevin. Happy birthday tomorrow. I assume it's tomorrow.

You don't look overweight to us - but photos can be deceptive. Hope you get there with it.

Have a great day and many happy returns.

Kate and Adrian.

PS Those buzzin mozzies are a pain.

The nuts and bolts of me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The nuts and bolts of me said...

Thanks Kate & Adrian

I suppose that because I stand 6' 3" tall I have a fairly large frame to carry 96kgs (211 lbs). But I'm still trying to lose some. All I manage is the same weight but just fitter from the gym workouts!

Anonymous said...

Hi I have seen your pictures on http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?t=76720. They are of the old locomotives. I am studying fashion and wanting to do a photoshoot near derelict trains but can not find any anywhere apart from abroad. Could you let me know rhe location and directions please? thanks Sarah Thow. my email is sarahthow@hotmail.co.uk