Saturday 16 July 2011

New hike coming up

Next weekend I'll be on a hike in Mateke. If you look at the following co-ordinates S24°17’13.63” E27°39’07.92” on Google Earth you'll see where I'll be. This area is Shirley's and my favourite place. It's in the beautiful bushveld area of South Africa and just a little west of the Waterberg Mountains which we love so very much.


Although it's winter here in the southern hemisphere this is a warm part of the country at this time of the year. Night temperatures though will plummet to around 3º Celsius from day time temperatures of about 20º C.

I'm doing some training in gym to get my fitness levels and strength up a bit but I fear I've fallen into too little too late as usual.

I'll be taking pictures which I'll post here once I've returned.

No comments: